LECTURE 20 JANUARI 2021 – 17u00 – VITUAL EVENT
foto: The Denford – Van Moer Logistics
Research, education, and services are three pillars on which the Dennie Lockefeer Chair focuses. The third pillar ‘Services’ includes a series of lectures. In 2021, the Dennie Lockefeer Chair will organize a first lecture linked to inland navigation. To this end, all expertise from the chair will be brought together and students/young employees will be involved and engaged in inland navigation.
We are excited to announce that the first online lecture of the new year will take place on Wednesday 20th of January 2021 at 5 pm CET. This day is special because the Dennie Lockefeer Chair will exist exactly one year. On behalf of Prof. Sys and Prof. Vanelslander, I, therefore, invite you to attend this virtual event. The spoken language will be English.
The central theme of this lecture is: ‘Adequate data, a key step that will benefit inland shipping’. This theme grew out of a recently published blog (see LinkedIn post Dennie Lockefeer Chair). The blog showed that obtaining and collecting data is not an easy task. Therefore, this event allows discussing the challenges that different actors face and the solutions they have in mind.
- 5 pm – 5:10 pm: Welcome by Dean Koen Vandenbempt, Faculty Business, and Economics
- 5:10 pm – 5:30 pm: Research “What is the impact of a disruption (read COVID-19 and climate) on the inland navigation sector” by Noemi van Meir, researcher University of Antwerp and Katrien Storms, holder Dennie Lockefeer Chair
- 5:30 pm – 6 pm: Pitches (CCR, ITB, De Vlaamse Waterweg nv)
- 6 pm – 6:40 pm: Panel Discussion ‘Data collection’ moderated by prof. Thierry Vanelslander, promotor Dennie Lockefeer Chair
- 6:40 pm: Closing by prof. Christa Sys, promotor Dennie Lockefeer Chair
Platform: You can take part in the lecture with your computer or laptop via the platform: Microsoft Teams.
Registration: Participation in the lecture is free of charge, but registration is required. Please register your presence before 13th of January 2021 using the following link. After registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
We look forward to welcoming you to the first online lecture of the Dennie Lockefeer Chair of the new year. Hope to see you then!
Let’s stay connected in 2021, even if we can’t yet be together. The University of Antwerp, Dep. Transport and Regional Economics wishes you all the best for the new year.
Katrien Storms, also on behalf of promotors Dennie Lockefeer Chair prof. dr. Sys en prof. dr. Vanelslander.
Website: Leerstoel Dennie Lockefeer | Transport and Regional Economics | University of Antwerp (uantwerpen.be)